Beginning of the Camp of the Crooked Creek
Article in the Toronto Telegram announcing the purchase of the campground by the Boy Scoutsfrom the Lennox family in 1936
From an article in the February 11, 1936 Toronto Telegram..."A transfer of property of outstanding interest to Boy Scouts in Toronto is the purchase of 100 acres from the estate of J.H. Lennox . The property boardered the country estates of R.C. Gamble stock broker : J.T and Miller Lash of the legal firm of Blake, Lash, Anglin and Cassels and E.J. Lea, president of the Canadian Ornamental Iron Works. The negotiations for the sale were conducted by C. R. Purcell, sales manager for the Andrew Elder Farm Agency. The sale price was $9000."
Click on the article located on the right to enlarge it
CAMP OF THE CROOKED CREEK 1936-1968
Photos 1930's & 1940's